Taher Helmy is an Egyptian businessman holding the American citizenship. He owns the largest share of Nile Radio Productions (NRP), which owns Nogoum FM and Nile FM.
At the end of 2012, a legal complaint was filed against Helmy accusing him of corruption, revealing that he owns Tetrad International Corporation, which was founded outside Egypt and through which he owns of Nogoum FM radio. No information is available on the investigation into this legal complaint.
A lawyer by profession, Helmy is the co-founder and senior partner of the Egyptian law firm Helmy, Hamza & Partners and a senior partner of the international law firm Baker McKenzie, which he joined in 1975. He also was involved in several organizations:
- main founder and former chairman of the Egyptian Center for Economic Studies, the first independent, private, non-profit economic Think Tank in Egypt;
- former president of the American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt;
- former member of the US/Egypt President’s Council;
- former co-chairman of the US-Egypt Business Leaders Forum;
- founder and member of the executive board of Egypt’s International Economic Forum;
- co-founder of the British Egyptian Businessmen Association;
- member of the French Chamber of Commerce.
Helmy was a member of the economic policy committees of the National Democratic Party led by President Mubarak.
Helmy, Hamza & Partner